More than 2/3 of customers report they’d choose businesses providing contactless payment options. More than 3/4 of consumers report they’ve changed the way they make payments because of COVID-19 and some other reasons as well. In this article, you’ll read more about the recent changes and find a reputable payment processor like eMerchantBroker.com that can help you with payment processing.
Contactless Payment Options
A recent Visa survey shows that consumers are opting for contactless payment options. 54% of consumers would choose to make purchases at a new store where they can use a contactless payment option, as the survey shows. Let’s look at some other stats:
- Almost 4 out of 5 consumers have already altered the way they make payments.
- 49% prefer doing online shopping when possible.
- 48% prefer contactless payments.
- 46% avoid using much cash.
- 70% of customers have tried a new payment method for the 1st time during this COVID-19 period.
- 26% have tried tap-and-pay for in-store shopping.
- 34% turned to online shopping for groceries or household items.
- Nearly 90% of respondents have used a certain type of payment option more often during COVID-19 as compared to the beginning of 2020. This refers to both swipe and insert chip, contactless card using tap, or mobile payment.
What payment options are you offering to your customers? Do you need help from a true payment processing specialist? Consider working with eMerchantBroker.com, a respectable merchant processor that specializes in the high-risk field.
Contactless Payment Solutions for SMBs
SMBs are more and more often relying on the digital space to address consumer concerns associated with the situation created by COVID-19.
Consumer demand is growing, and thousands of SMBs are opting for contactless payment options and other digital tools to respond to the current financial challenges, according to the mentioned survey by Visa.
The survey is based on the responses provided by nearly 2.000 small and midsize businesses. Also, it includes responses from 4.500 consumers in Brazil, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Singapore, the U.A.E., and the U.S.
To wrap things up, the recent dramatic developments in the digital commerce have changed the way consumers are making payments while shopping. This once again highlights the importance of working only with a trustworthy credit card processor that can help you overcome the existing challenges.
Author Bio: Blair Thomas has been a music producer, bouncer, screenwriter and for over a decade has been the proud Co-Founder of eMerchantBroker.com, the highest rated high risk merchant account processor in the country. He has climbed in the Himalayas, survived a hurricane, and lived on a gold mine in the Yukon. He currently calls Thailand his home with a lifetime collection of his favorite books.